The Refuge - Project
THE ARCTIC: OUR LAST GREAT WILDERNESS
Now playing in IMAX® theaters.
Official Opening Celebrations of The Arctic: Our Last Great Wilderness in Fort Lauderdale´s Museum of Discovery & Science AutoNation IMAX Theater June 19 2021 • 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
"About 20 years ago I saw Alaska's Arctic Refuge for the first time with my own eyes. It has cast a spell on me ever since. Many of you know that I have returned to the Refuge year after year to create a film that would allow people to understand how precious this “Last Great Wilderness” is - especially now that it is facing its most intense threat to be turned into an oil field. #ProtectTheArctic
I am very excited to now be sharing the trailer to the upcoming IMAX® “The Arctic: Our Last Great Wilderness”.
It was a tireless effort filming over many years often side by side with my brother Salomon Schulz. This project was an alliance with the Campion Advocacy Fund, Braided River, and a wonderful collaboration with Terra Mater Factual Studios and Cosmic Picture to bring the film to the giant screen this coming spring. The film is narrated by Princess Daazhraii Johnson who speaks form the heart about her ancestral lands of the Gwich'in people.
Please share far and wide! The Arctic Refuge is in peril! People need to see what is at stake." - Florian
That might interest you as well
Message 3 of 79
- Dok.fest film nomination for Arctic - A Refuge imperiled
- Shotover Interview
- The Arctic - Now playing in IMAX theaters.
- America´s Arctic - TV Premiere
- Blue Planet live
- NANPA Outstanding Nature Photographer of the Year 2019
- NANPA Nature Photography Summit Keynote
- Florian featured in CNN TV report
- Florian featured in GEO Collection magazine
- Florian featured in National Geographic magazine
- Guest post on National Geographic´s instragram
- Florian featured in National Geographic Article
- Florian featured in the New York Times
- "Into the Arctic Kingdom"- sold out
- Join Florian "Into the Arctic Kingdom" - Seattle
- Join Florian "Into the Arctic Kingdom" - Washington, DC
- Give Refuge – Help Florian and Patagonia to help
- Florian featured in japanese magazine DAYS JAPAN
- Florian featured in Audubon Magazine
- Florian featured in the Nikon 100 campaign
- What are you doing in October?
- Florian featured in the NHM coffee-table book - Unforgettable Behaviour
- Florian featured on WWF Website
- Florian featured in Defenders Magazine
- ANWR and Florian featured on Audubon Website
- Florian featured on Audubon Website
- Florian featured in Alpin Magazine
- 23.5°- Florian interviewed by Sam Champion
- Patagonia - Interview with Florian Schulz
- The Arctic Refuge Campaign – Featuring Florian Schulz
- Florians new Book / Florians neues Buch
- Florian featured in the 40 Years GEO Magazine
- Florian featured in Terre Sauvage
- Exhibit opening "Grenzenlose Wildnis"
- Florians new Book: The Wild Edge
- 50 Years of Wildlife Photographer of the Year - Florian featured in the NHM coffee-table book
- Nikon D600 ISO Performance
- On Speaking Tour in the US – October
- Ruf der Wildnis – Call of the Wild
- Back from the ice
- Gliding through a frozen world…
- Expanding my work on the Arctic
- Musk Oxen: Sovereings of the Arctic
- F2R – Moving North – Winged Migration
- F2R – Moving North – Ocean wanderers
- Arctic Dreams…
- Mosquito heaven follow-up
- Mosquito heaven
- Grizzly greetings……. Welcome to Wilderness
- Finally up in the air!
- Freedom to Roam featured in Outdoor Photographer
- Canada selling out World Treasures!
- In the Presence of Bears: Waterton-Glacier Peace Park
- GOT PATIENCE ???
- Got patience ??? – 72 hours in a blind!
- Over the Arctic Plains
- Prudhoe Bay – Largest Oilfield in North America
- Flying beyond the Arctic Circle
- Great little Gadget – Nikon GP-1 GPS receiver
- Overflying Alaska in a Wilga, a bush plane!
- Nikon D3x – the DSLR 24.5 mp machine
- What means Wilderness to you?
- Exploring the Western Arctic
- From Baja to Anchorage, what a change!
- The Underwater World of Cabo Pulmo
- Ballerinas of the Sea – Espiritu Santo Island
- Encounters with the Giant Blue
- An icon of hope and survival: The Grey Whale
- "Trust Me" on the water…
- People looking at the Y2Y Exhibit in The Field Museum
- A Trimaran drive through the Baja Peninsula
- Wild Migrations: Surviving the River Crossing
- Horned Guan awarded as Highly Honored under the Endangered Species Category
- Award goes to Florian's Quetzal Panoramic Image
- Conservation Photographer of the Year 2008
- Expeditions in the Alaskan Arctic, Part 1
- Sandpipers: Wild Migrations – PART 1
- Voices Behind the Camera