The Californias - Project
Blue Planet Live
Check out the new BBC one series Blue Planet Live. Florian is currently filming blue, gray and humpback whales for the BBC Blue Planet live series. The four episodes will be aired on Sun 24.03., Wed 27.03., Thurs. 28.03.2019 and on Sun, 31.03. at 8:00 pm (GMT) on BBC One.
About Blue Planet Live
In the Blue Planet Live Series Chris Packham, Liz Bonnin and Steve Backshall explore our oceans and its wildlife, to find out how marine life is coping in the face of increasing environmental pressure.
All the locations selected to visit on Blue Planet Live are hotspots for marine biodiversity, which means they will show the greatest changing impacts due to human influences. The Baja Peninsula is one of the incredible locations shown in the series. Chris Packham is traveling across the peninsula on the trail of whales. From air, land, and sea Chris is tracking different species of whales to give glimpses into the different stages of their lives. The world’s largest nursery of gray whales bringing up their babies, the migrating humpbacks on their way as far north as British Columbia, and the biggest animal to have ever lived - the blue whale - feeding in the seas bordering this Mexican peninsula. Chris is investigating why whales occur in such numbers here and what makes this area so special to their success.
That might interest you as well
Message 1 of 75
- Blue Planet live
- NANPA Outstanding Nature Photographer of the Year 2019
- NANPA Nature Photography Summit Keynote
- Florian featured in CNN TV report
- Florian featured in GEO Collection magazine
- Florian featured in National Geographic magazine
- Guest post on National Geographic´s instragram
- Florian featured in National Geographic Article
- Florian featured in the New York Times
- "Into the Arctic Kingdom"- sold out
- Join Florian "Into the Arctic Kingdom" - Seattle
- Join Florian "Into the Arctic Kingdom" - Washington, DC
- Give Refuge – Help Florian and Patagonia to help
- Florian featured in japanese magazine DAYS JAPAN
- Florian featured in Audubon Magazine
- Florian featured in the Nikon 100 campaign
- What are you doing in October?
- Florian featured in the NHM coffee-table book - Unforgettable Behaviour
- Florian featured on WWF Website
- Florian featured in Defenders Magazine
- ANWR and Florian featured on Audubon Website
- Florian featured on Audubon Website
- Florian featured in Alpin Magazine
- 23.5°- Florian interviewed by Sam Champion
- Patagonia - Interview with Florian Schulz
- The Arctic Refuge Campaign – Featuring Florian Schulz
- Florians new Book / Florians neues Buch
- Florian featured in the 40 Years GEO Magazine
- Florian featured in Terre Sauvage
- Exhibit opening "Grenzenlose Wildnis"
- Florians new Book: The Wild Edge
- 50 Years of Wildlife Photographer of the Year - Florian featured in the NHM coffee-table book
- Nikon D600 ISO Performance
- On Speaking Tour in the US – October
- Ruf der Wildnis – Call of the Wild
- Back from the ice
- Gliding through a frozen world…
- Expanding my work on the Arctic
- Musk Oxen: Sovereings of the Arctic
- F2R – Moving North – Winged Migration
- F2R – Moving North – Ocean wanderers
- Arctic Dreams…
- Mosquito heaven follow-up
- Mosquito heaven
- Grizzly greetings……. Welcome to Wilderness
- Finally up in the air!
- Freedom to Roam featured in Outdoor Photographer
- Canada selling out World Treasures!
- In the Presence of Bears: Waterton-Glacier Peace Park
- GOT PATIENCE ???
- Got patience ??? – 72 hours in a blind!
- Prudhoe Bay – Largest Oilfield in North America
- Over the Arctic Plains
- Flying beyond the Arctic Circle
- Great little Gadget – Nikon GP-1 GPS receiver
- Overflying Alaska in a Wilga, a bush plane!
- Nikon D3x – the DSLR 24.5 mp machine
- What means Wilderness to you?
- Exploring the Western Arctic
- From Baja to Anchorage, what a change!
- The Underwater World of Cabo Pulmo
- Ballerinas of the Sea – Espiritu Santo Island
- Encounters with the Giant Blue
- An icon of hope and survival: The Grey Whale
- "Trust Me" on the water…
- People looking at the Y2Y Exhibit in The Field Museum
- A Trimaran drive through the Baja Peninsula
- Wild Migrations: Surviving the River Crossing
- Horned Guan awarded as Highly Honored under the Endangered Species Category
- Award goes to Florian's Quetzal Panoramic Image
- Conservation Photographer of the Year 2008
- Expeditions in the Alaskan Arctic, Part 1
- Sandpipers: Wild Migrations – PART 1
- Voices Behind the Camera
- Last »